Thursday 6 January 2011

Update for April 2010

Hi, April and time to drain the comfrey tea barrel in order to get a brew of nettles in before the comfrey starts cropping.  When i moved the barrel I found this wedge of garden snails still hibernating between the supporting stones.  The hens loved them. I'll be checking this hiding spot reguarly now.

2010_04_09_Tower-of-snails

Usually around this time of year for the last 20 or so i'll have a visit To Chesters Walled Garden and look out some good hardy perennials and herbs.  This year was different , the owner of the surrounding house and grounds had decided to sell up and Susie White who has looked after the garden for 23 years had her lease terminated.  After a sad chat Susie offerd me a spade and allowed me to attempt to rehome as many orphans as my boot could hold.

2010_04_11_Chesters-orphans

As I write this in Jan 2011 the link to Chesters Walled Garden is now defunct and i will remove it once i post this. Susie White is however still active and reguarly updates her Walled Garden Blog,  Linked to here>>>>>>>.

No comments:

Post a Comment